Saturday, June 13, 2015

Bonjour!


First post from France! 

Here's the deal, unfortunately. In the interest of packing light, I brought only my iPad and not my laptop. And since my camera is cheap and has no connectivity, and since Apple is Apple and has no USB input, I can't post pictures. I haven't seen a computer station at our hotel yet, but I hope to encounter one at some point along the road. Otherwise, the photos (other than phone shots) will have to wait until I return.

In the meantime, we're in Aix-en-Provence, home of Cezenne, these weird melon cookies, and pink wine. Our first two days are the pre-cycling extension, and Dad and I have roamed the Medieval streets, sampled the food, and hung out by the pool. Aix is a fairly touristy town, but there aren't many specific famous spots, so things have been pretty free-form. We were also kept inside by massive, slow-moving thunderstorms yesterday evening, with more predicted for tonight.


No matter, the cafes are lovely, the streets are a joy to explore, and the people- watching is top shelf. Tomorrow will be our introduction to the biking portion of the trip, with a warm-up ride and reception dinner at a hotel in the next location. Perhaps there will be a computer I can monopolize there.

No comments:

Post a Comment