Monday, October 3, 2011

Jackson Hole

Before leaving Grand Teton, I took an afternoon to wander around Jackson, WY. It's pretty much nothing but T-shirt shops, "western" art galleries, and gift shops that sell resin sculptures of elk. I did get an excellent lunch at a place recommended by the Fendlers, and I stumbled upon a Ripley's Believe It or Not! museum. I guess they have them in a lot of places, but I'd never seen one before. It was worth the price of admission just to see the world's largest ball of barbed wire. Plus I was the only one there.

Life size diorama of a woman who killed an attacking bear with a cast-iron frying pan--the very same shown here!--while camping. Now I have to carry a cast-iron frying pan.
Lincoln and Kennedy: Series of coincidences? Or series of coincidences we could attribute meaning to? Featuring the extra-creepy waxen heads of both presidents.
Poodle made entirely of bottle caps.
Detail
Just a sample of the world's largest collection of chamber pots!
Possibly my favorite: "My Golden Angel," created from nothing but junk mail.
Detail

No comments:

Post a Comment